Thursday, May 21, 2009

Rainy Day

They had called for rain on the news the night before so the sound of water droplets in the morning drumming against my window did not surprise me. I began to think about how my day to the beach is now going to turn out to be a boring day at home with nothing to do but watch old cartoons on channel twenty two. Exciting i sarcastically thought. I stubbled out of bed and walked towards the kitchen to say bye to my mother. As my mom was babbling in my ear and i poured myself a glass of juice and began to think that the tangy and flavorful juice and a more thrilling life then me. I decided to make a list of possible thing to do through out the day. At first i came up with things like homework, painting my nails and organizing my photo albums. As i pondered for things to do i began to drift off to sleep again. My body may have been quiet but my mind was filling with exuberant and bizarre ideas. yellow swirls and pink elephants darted across my mind. I was in a world of complete exhilaration. I was a different person here, more confident, strong and exciting and i loved it. As i walked along the lime green grass i met a talking unicorn,oh she was beautiful. Pink and blue with soft hair like satin, so majestic as she galloped. As I mounted her back and held on tight she soared through the air. I could see the colorful world beneath me. fuchsia trees, clear water lakes with vibrant colored fish. I couldn't believe my eyes. where was I? I thought, is this real? It was beautiful, i reached out to touched the pink fluffy clouds and the whimsical wind ran through my hair. I never wanted it to end. As my unicorn skimmed the ground to land everything began to get dark. The trees turned an ashy black color and my unicorn started to disappear. the fish began to die and before i knew it my world was torn apart. i started to run as my world was crashing down. " I want to go home, I want to go home" i yelled and right at that second i found myself on my living room couch again. Rubbing my eyes from a deep sleep and i was me again. sitting on my normal white couch, in my small town suburbs drinking my orange juice wishing i had something to do on a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment